About Me

My photo
New Zealand
This is the first photography challenge I have ever done. It is such a great idea. I purchased a new camera in the Boxing Day sales and this is the perfect opportunity to learn how to use it. I have been lucky over the last years to manage to get some amazing photos, but I am hoping that with a bit of motivation and some focus I might end up with some stunning ones this year as a result of this project.

Monday, January 2, 2012

What am I doing?

I was trying to find a challenge for the year that I could do and follow and stumbled across a Photo Challenge for 2012 on forum at Elements Village. It sounded like fun so I have signed up. I just purchased a new camera. I have been using an Olympus camera since 1990 so it made sense for me to get another Olympus this time too. My old camera I love still but unfortunately after 7 years the battery life is no longer suffcient for me to use it frequently.

My new camera:
I saved about $80 buying it during the Boxing Day sales. I really wanted a purple one, but all the shops were sold out of the purple one, so I settled on a black one. It takes 14mp photos and has a 10x optical zoom. I wanted the zoom as that is the same as my old camera, although the old camera, C-770 UltraZoom, only takes 4mp photos. My new one is an Olympus VR-310. So far it seems ok, but I really haven't had a chance to test it out yet. One big advantage is the smaller size. It fits in my handbag so I should have it with me more often than I used to.

The challenge:
To take 366 photos over the year that match the list of themes given to us. There is also a list of 52 themes if 366 is too much. I finally decided to do 366 as I like the idea of a photo for each day.

The theme lists:
I have created a Google Docs spreadsheet with the themes that I can fill in with the date a photo was taken and the filename so I can find it later.
Here is the list of 52 themes for anyone who is interested.

Keeping up to date with everyone elses posts and photos will be the biggest part of the challenge I think, but I will endeavour to do my best. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. That Google Spreadsheet makes , yours the most organized of blogs! LOL
    I did most of mine by Braille, Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete