About Me

My photo
New Zealand
This is the first photography challenge I have ever done. It is such a great idea. I purchased a new camera in the Boxing Day sales and this is the perfect opportunity to learn how to use it. I have been lucky over the last years to manage to get some amazing photos, but I am hoping that with a bit of motivation and some focus I might end up with some stunning ones this year as a result of this project.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Photo 4 - Shadows

I was taking photos at the local University this afternoon and was taking some shots of the new sculpture that was erected in October last year.  Just as I was walking away I noticed the shadows and decided to take some shots. 

I also had a bit of a play with adding a green filter and cropping in the editing software that came with my camera.  I quite like the end result.  Thank you all for your great feedback and comments, I'm sure it will help me improve throughout the year.

17 comments:

  1. Kind of artwork generated out of "nothing". Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting shadow. Love the processing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how the shadow is framed by the actual structure. Nice perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the very cool design the shadow makes...the grass looks true color and that is hard to do! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot. I'm sitting here listening to wind and rain and dreaming of soft cool summer days, lush green grass and picnics in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking for interesting shadows can be very tricky and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice sharp, clear and colorful photo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great! reflections and shadows are perfect photoobjects

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely seen! I love the subtle mower lines too contrasting with the cool shadow. You are off to a fine start, I must say just because of my weather I like this much more than the rainy shot below ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good eye! I love the shadows you've captured. (Do we get to see the sculpture that produced this with Sol's help?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, nice post-processing on this. Nice shot.
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great shadow....and set against the green its fabulous...very nice image

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great flow in these shadows! Hope the camera/computer is better now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It forms a very interesting abstract.

    ReplyDelete