About Me

My photo
New Zealand
This is the first photography challenge I have ever done. It is such a great idea. I purchased a new camera in the Boxing Day sales and this is the perfect opportunity to learn how to use it. I have been lucky over the last years to manage to get some amazing photos, but I am hoping that with a bit of motivation and some focus I might end up with some stunning ones this year as a result of this project.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Photo 8 - Gloomy

I loved this photo.  The view is from my parent's deck in Tairua (the house is for sale too).  There are some hills in the distance which in this weather you can only just make out the faint outline.  The low-lying misty rain cloud it makes the view quite ethereal.  Unfortunately the weather was like this for a lot of the time that I was staying there.  Not really summer weather here yet, just the odd glimpse. 

3 comments:

  1. You captured "gloomy" very well! That looks like perfect snuggle and nap weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gloom and mist...very mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that sure is gloomy....pass me my whisky

    ReplyDelete