About Me

My photo
New Zealand
This is the first photography challenge I have ever done. It is such a great idea. I purchased a new camera in the Boxing Day sales and this is the perfect opportunity to learn how to use it. I have been lucky over the last years to manage to get some amazing photos, but I am hoping that with a bit of motivation and some focus I might end up with some stunning ones this year as a result of this project.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Photo 2 - Sentimental




This is Lake Rotoroa or Hamilton Lake here in Hamilton.  A little over 5 years ago I spent several hours here with my (now) husband on our first date.  The weather was just as stunning then too.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like lovely spot..nice image

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful spot for a picnic! Love the way you framed the view! I could picture me laying there on a blanket reading a book right about now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely composed. Wouldn't mind being there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice composition with the trees framing the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful setting......look forward to following your blog this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a great Image of peace and quiet, in what has become truly the shakey Isles! Poor Christchurch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to see that the lake sparkles as much in reality as it did in your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a scene that is made for romance! I could totally see a couple getting married under the tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a great datingplace. Great framing by the trees. welcome to the challenge, you will learn a lot! This will be my third year with challeng friends

    Christina, sweden

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful spot...even more so if its sentimental. I could see spending many happy moments in this location. You've photographed it wonderfully with the framing branches.

    ReplyDelete