About Me

My photo
New Zealand
This is the first photography challenge I have ever done. It is such a great idea. I purchased a new camera in the Boxing Day sales and this is the perfect opportunity to learn how to use it. I have been lucky over the last years to manage to get some amazing photos, but I am hoping that with a bit of motivation and some focus I might end up with some stunning ones this year as a result of this project.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Photo 1 - Playground


This photo was taken of my nephew playing in the playground at Tairua Beach in the Coromandel. The weather was very overcast and drizzly but it was nice to be able to get the kids out of the house for a run around.

I have trouble taking photos of people doing things, and even though he is not looking at the camera I still think it came out ok.

6 comments:

  1. Keep at it, It will come, Happy New Year. I prefer Landscapes to portraits too. ask questions at the Elements Village there are people there that know everything (Collectively) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa, welcome to the challenge! It's my first year as well but I've been a member of Elements Village for a few years now.....you're going to love it there. Soooo many helpful and encouraging people!!!! I look forward to visiting your blog. Your photo is a teaser cause I would like to see his face...love that beautiful head of red hair though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you composed this...with his head looking away he looks to be very busy playing! Welcome to the challenge...looking forward to following your year in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally love that he is not looking at you-posed photos are ok in their place but I love the real life photos more. Good luck in the challenge.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Ron I prefer landscapes to portraits,..I think you've captured this well...he looks busy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful capture of a child at play. The lines of the climbing toy frame him and make us wonder what he is imagining so high up on the toy.

    ReplyDelete