About Me

My photo
New Zealand
This is the first photography challenge I have ever done. It is such a great idea. I purchased a new camera in the Boxing Day sales and this is the perfect opportunity to learn how to use it. I have been lucky over the last years to manage to get some amazing photos, but I am hoping that with a bit of motivation and some focus I might end up with some stunning ones this year as a result of this project.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Photo 6 - Beginnings

On January 6th the Junior Surf Carnival was held a Pauanui Beach.  Several Surf Lifesaving clubs were represented by their junior squads aged from 7 years old and up.  The youngest group are the 'Little Nippers' and they teach them water confidence.  My nephew has been attending so the whole family went along to support him.  This photo is the beginning of the Beach Flag event for the young girls.  They start from this lying down position and on 'Go' they get up and turn around and run for the end (about 20 metres) to get a 'flag' at the end.  Those who get a flag go on to race again, and so on until there is just one winner.

It is 'Beginnings' because these girls are our future lifeguards starting out on their training, and also as it is the 'beginning' of the race.  I loved the colours in their caps and uniforms.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you composed this and I love the girl in the middle looking so stoked.

    Nice seeing summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cool image...love the repeating feet down the row...and the colors really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I don't see a comment area so I clicked the reply.....not a problem though as I agree with everything Tammy said....nice post for "Beginning".

      Delete