About Me

My photo
New Zealand
This is the first photography challenge I have ever done. It is such a great idea. I purchased a new camera in the Boxing Day sales and this is the perfect opportunity to learn how to use it. I have been lucky over the last years to manage to get some amazing photos, but I am hoping that with a bit of motivation and some focus I might end up with some stunning ones this year as a result of this project.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Photo 18 - Status

This is our rescue helicopter at the Waikato Hospital.  It arrived about an hour before I took this photo so I hope that the patient is doing better.  The rescue choppers are always very busy over summer with lots of people heading to beaches and isolated spots for their holidays.  They truly are 'rescue' choppers and the paramedics on board are responsible for saving many lives.  It fits this theme as the patient's status is dependent  totally on these men and woman and their helicopters!

5 comments:

  1. Fine photo... I like that you left the little flowers in the foreground.

    Rescue copters and crew can really be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet they have been busy of late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers in the foreground add to the interest of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is the way to stop the action...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the story that accompanies this image and how you tied it into the status theme!

    ReplyDelete